10 Best Screen Recorder Apps for Mac in 2022
There are 10 screen recording apps for Mac users, and all of this software can hope you customize screen recording on your Mac devices.
Recording your Mac screen can perhaps be one of the easiest things that you can do. That is more so because of the fact that there are several apps and tools that can help you record your Mac screen with no hassles. Let us check out the best options for the best screen recorder apps for Mac in 2022.
Without much ado, we will check out the best screen recorders for Mac that you would find quite unique and comfortable.
#1. Quicktime Player – Default Screen Recorder for Mac
Quicktime is the default screen recorder for Mac that you would find offering an excellent experience on mac. It can handle digital video, pictures, sound, panoramic images, and a great degree of interactivity.
You would find the on-screen controls quite impressive, which is equivalent to CD or DVD player. It also provides you access to a great option to help you with the latest streaming technology.
Quicktime on Mac
- Support for a small and attractive interface
- The default tool requires no installation.
- You can even record the audio along with your video
- A very easy-to-use interface
- Free to use for the mac users
- It offers you recording and editing features
- You can share your videos with your friends
- File format support is limited
- Low-quality audio recording
Price – Free
Best for – A simple video capture
#2. VLC – An Open-source Media Player
VLC Media Player – as the name itself should indicate – is an open-source media player on Mac. It can help let you record your screen effectively and efficiently. It lets you play media files, convert file formats, and capture your screen.
The simple interface and a few quicker screen recording options should make it a formidable choice to go with. Even when it may not offer any outstanding features, it can be one of the right choices for the best screen recorder app for Mac.
VLC Media Player on Mac
- An all-in-one screen recorder, video converter, and media player
- An option to stream media from the internet
- 100 percent free tool
- Remote control of the playback via browser
- Basic audio editing options
- Simple interface
- Multiple video formats supported
- Audio recording not up to the mark
- No screenshots support
Price – Free
Best for – Recording video with no audio faster
#3. Camtasia – Easy-to-use App on Mac
Camtasia can help you or create professional-looking videos on both mac and Windows. The free mac version can make it stand apart from the rest.
It is quite simple to learn and does not need you to go through a steeper learning curve. It can help you record practically everything on your screen, such as an application, website, video call, or PowerPoint presentation. It does also support iOS capturing.
Camtasia Screen Recorder for Mac
- Offers recording from the screen, webcam, and audio
- You can use a few unique options such as callouts, arrows, and shapes to highlight essential points in videos
- It comes with built-in templates to choose from
- Zoom, pan, and animate options on the screen recorder
- It comes with a vast library of royalty-free audio, sound effects, and music
- Multiple customization options
- An option to add captions to the video
- Can record from multiple sources
- No scheduled recording options
- Expensive price tag
Price – It comes with the following plans
- Individual: $299.99 (One-time payment)
- Business: $299.99 (One-time payment)
- Education: $214.99 (One-time payment)
- Government and Non-profit organizations: $268.99 (One-time payment)
Best for – A good choice for the professional quality videos
#4. Screencast-o-Matic – Online Tool Makes Work Easier
If you are checking out the best options for the versatile screen recorder on mac, the Screencast-o-Matic is what should make it a truly formidable and powerful choice.
It assists you in creating screencast videos with this powerful screen recording solution. The built-in editor is what would further make the tool stand apart from the rest.
Screencast-o-Matic for Mac
- Available for multiple platforms such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook users
- Basic video editing options
- Picture in picture effect
- You can share the recorded video on to YouTube
- Easy and simple to use interface
- You can even add stock videos and images to the screen recording
- Quick share option to Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Schoology, Blackboard, and more
- Pan and zoom functionalities
- The free plan comes with no editing features
- No full-screen recording available on the free plan
Price – Multiple pricing options for business and education purposes.
- Business plans begin at $3 to $8 per month.
- The education plans come with $2 to $6.
Best for – best business purposes
#5. Movavi Screen Recorder – Cost-Effective Screen Recorders
If you are checking out the most cost-effective screen recorders on Mac, Movavi Screen Recorder should be one of the most powerful tools you would witness.
It may not be a feature-packed tool, but it offers you a full-fledged screen recorder option. The completely free and easy-to-use tool would further make it stand apart from the rest.
Movavi Screen Recorder for Mac
- You can use a plugin, microphone, or sound or to record a voice.
- You can even apply video editing options such as cut and join video clips
- Share your screen recording with Google Drive, Movavi Cloud, or YouTube.
- Options to record several sources such as mic, system sounds, and webcam.
- Easy and simple to learn software
- It comes with an advanced secure storage option
- No need for plugins
- We need to upgrade to get rid of the watermark
Price – $62.95
Best for – Recording a Google Chrome screen
#6. CloudApp – Unique Videos and Image-Sharing Platforms
One of the excellent options to record a screen with your voice and face, ClouApp, should be one of the prime tools for the purpose. The annotated image options and a GIF maker would further make it stand out from the rest. It is one of the excellent and unique videos and image-sharing platforms for almost all your needs.
CloudApp Screen Recorder for Mac
- An excellent screen and webcam recordings
- A perfect library for the recordings
- An excellent set of sharing and collaboration features
- Integration options at their best
- Perfect annotation options
- Screenshots are supported
- Unlimited storage options
- Integration with Slack, Jira, Asana, Trello, and other applications
- No mobile app is available
- Occasional outages and crashes
- Starting from $9.95 per month
- For teams, at $8 per user per month
Best for – Sharing your videos on multiple platforms
#7. OBS Studio – One-Stop Solution for Screen Record
OBS Studio is your one-stop solution for the best open-source screen recording software. It is your best choice for the best record and video and live streaming option.
This should be one of the excellent options for the best screen recorder for Mac devices. The real-time recording should further make it a prime choice.
OBS Screen Recorder for Mac
- Free for all users.
- Captures real-time activities and also assists in live streaming
- Intuitive audio mixer feature
- Works with Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Easy-to-use interface
- Live streaming features
- Multiple video editing options
- Advanced audio settings
- No dedicated customer service
Price – Free
Best for – For the professional video creation
#8. ApowerREC – Customizable Interface
ApoweREC is one of the simplest screen recorders that you can find. The simple-to-use tool offers you a highly customizable interface. The scheduled recording options should further make it an option that you would want to stand apart.
ApowerREC for Mac
- An options to record an entire screen or a part of it.
- Intuitive panel with overlay toolbar
- HD video recording along with audio
- Real-time annotation options
- Versatile screen capture options
- Security at its best
- Excellent set of mobile apps
- A full image editing software
- It does not work on the secondary monitor
- Slow support
- $69.95 for lifetime usage
- $39.95 for an annual subscription
Best for – Best suited for business presentation, entertainment, and educational purposes.
#9. ScreenFlow – Online Course Creators
The ScreenFlow mac only screen recorder that offers you an easy-to-use and simple interface should make it stand apart from the rest. The screen capture cum video recording tool provides you access to one of the most unique experiences ever.
The Mac screen recorder app assists you with professional-grade video recording capability. It should be a good option for online course creators.
ScreenFlow for Mac
- Multi-screen recordings
- Video annotations, highlighting, and zoom capability
- Video filters and background remover
- Title screen animation templates
- High-end video capability
- Enhanced filters and effects
- Native usage on Mac screen
- Multiple audio captures
- Available on mac alone
- Adware can be annoying
Price – $169 for the ScreenFlow tool. The ScreenFlow Super pack and ScreenFlow Super pack+ come with pricing of $229 and $259.
Best for – A powerful software package with multiple features
#10. Snagit – Encouraging Teamwork and Creating Images
Snagit is a powerful video recording and screen recording tool that you would find all the more exciting and unique in every sense of the word.
The Mac screen recorder app can be your one-stop solution for practically every need you may have in terms of better feedback, encouraging teamwork, and creating images. It has also been considered to be a great option for creating presentations.
Snagit Screen Recorder for Mac
- You can capture an entire screen or a part of it.
- You can even add files from your own computer
- It can help you record screens and webcams simultaneously and record audio
- The scrolling capture mode should further improve your screen recorder experience.
- Intuitive yet powerful interface
- Options to add annotations to the videos
- Polished and professional output
- Turn videos into GIFs
- Advanced features need a Pro plan
- Minimal video editing tools
Price – $62.99
Best for – Quick record of screen and camera
To Sum it up….
Picking the best screen recorder for mac should be something that you would find a confusing task because of the plenty of options available at your disposal. Make sure you have picked the right tool for your needs and get the best possible experience in terms of a great degree of expertise.
Karen is a professional writer with a background in column writing who enjoys resolving complex topics and explaining them in interesting ways.