12 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
This article introduces you to the 12 best YouTube video editing apps.
There has been a rise in how people consume videos especially YouTube videos when compared to text or any other form of information, this is because it is way easier to consume video content. For example, it is easier to watch a video tutorial than read it. Videos are also a great way to share content and great ideas.
So, if you are planning on sharing great content on YouTube, you are on the right track and we are here to make your journey easier by sharing the 12 best video editing software for YouTube.
Our list would contain the best free and paid video editing software for both YouTube beginners and Pros. Let’s get right into it:
With Filmforth, beginners can make videos like a Pro. Not only is it free, but it’s also a wide range of features, only found on the best-paid video editing software, which can bring every image to life. With Filmforth, you can:
- It’s absolutely free with paid video editing features.
- You can share files with no watermark.
- No cross-platform support.
#2. Filmora Wondershare
Filmora is rated as a savvy option for beginners as well as advanced users. With the abundance of options and quality that will make your video stand out, Filmora secure its place as one of the best video editing software for YouTube beginners.
Some of Filmora’s features include:
- Audio mixer.
- Noise removal.
- Color tuning.
- Scene detection and an audio equalizer.
- Video and audio controls.
- Easy to use interface and abundant options to make your video stand out.
- So simple, it can be unintuitive.
iMovie comes free with all Apple devices and has long been the first port-of-call for anyone new to video editing and is recommended for YouTubers. With easy-to-use features like splitting and cutting, iMovie allows you to produce videos like you earned an editing degree. Some of its other outstanding features include:
- Allowing you to fade audios in and out.
- Picture-in-picture feature.
- Split and trim video clips.
- A wide array of filters, text motion graphics, and themes.
- Compatibility with popular video formats.
- You can upload directly to Social Media.
- Transition speed.
- Movies can no longer be edited when it is exported.
- Not enough features for motion tracking.
#4. Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro
This is one YouTube video editor app that is very popular. Amongst other basic video editing features, it allows you easily modify and process audio. It allows you to edit any kind of video and is perfect for amateur and expert video editors. Some of its outstanding features include:
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously.
- HDR for broadcasters.
- Classic effects and graphics with multiple strokes and styling.
- Supports a wide range of video formats.
- High definition video quality.
- VR rotates the sphere.
- It has a lot of customizable features and options.
- Allows for integration with other Adobe products.
- It is not free, an official license costs a lot.
- The interface can be really tricky since it contains a lot of features.
Lightworks is one of the best free editing software for YouTube. Its features are perfect for your next video and have been used in the editing of some top-rated movies.
Its standout features include:
- Ability to edit and drag editing timeline.
- It is optimized for speed.
- Color correction and blend modes.
- Ability to import a wide range of file types.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- It is free and has an easy-to-navigate interface.
- It’s hard to understand the editor management software.
#6. Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X
This is one of the best video editing software for YouTube beginners. Its interface is very similar to iMovie; very easy to use with a wide array of features including:
- Condense the multiple-track view.
- Background rendering of video clips.
- Auditioning feature to view shots or effects side by side.
- Range-Based Keywording allows you to add keywords to specific parts of clips.
- Grouping together clips, audio, and effects so that you can move them as a unit
- Lots of features that allow you to produce top-quality videos.
- It is paid cost ($299.99).
- The wide interface can be a bit tricky to use.
#7. Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacle studio is one advanced video editing and screen recording software that is perfect for your YouTube video editor app. Endorsed by over 13 million people, it allows you to create complex movie projects with modern tools like:
- Screen recorder.
- Split-screen video.
- Multicam editing.
- 3d title editor.
- Premium plugins.
- Hundreds of effects.
- Green screen.
- Professional editing tools and shortcuts.
- You need high-quality devices to make the most of it.
- It can be difficult for pure beginners to start with.
#8. Corel Video Studio
Corel Video Studio
As one of the best editing software for YouTube videos, it is perfect for your professional video editing needs as it features hundreds of filters and drag-and-drop creativity. this software works with windows and so, is amazing to use when you consider its other features like:
- Hundreds of filters, effects and overlays.
- Intuitive video editing.
- Modifying hue and saturation.
- Changing video playback speed.
- Free 30-day Trial.Multi-camera editing.
- Limited Transitions.
- Slower processing speed than most other software.
#9. HitFilm Express
This is not just one of the best editing software for your YouTube videos, it’s also great for making films and gaming. With Hitfil Express, you will literally make hit films from these arrays of features:
- Mask shapes to create and customize different shapes.
- Color correction & grading.
- Tracking and screen simulation.
- Change backdrop and lighting effects.
- Keying & extraction.
- 3d model import.
- It has a free version that runs on all devices, perfect with tutorials.
- Works well on even low-end computers.
- Green screen editing is not available.
- A limited number of transitions.
#10. VSDC Video Editor
VSDC Video Editor
This YouTube video editor app is suitable for beginners and advanced users on a reasonable budget. Its tools are more than the standard video editing tools, including trimming and cutting. It’s also a great choice for your video editing because it contains features like:
- Processing for high-quality 3d and VR 360-degree videos.
- Picture in picture.
- Side by side and split-screen.
- Double exposure.
- Video in text effects.
- Supports any video file.
- Amazing visual effect.
- Contains very tool for video editing.
- It does not have Pro-editing features.
- Only standard voiceover tool.
#11. CyberLink PowerDirector 365
Cyberlink PowerDirector 365
Also known as the PowerDirector, this software offers some of the best-in-class video editing software for YouTube. With features such as:
- ColorDirector 8 for handling advanced color correction and color grading.
- Pro-level effects for video editing.
- motion graphic titles.
- AudioDirector 10 for editing, mixing and creating soundtracks and other music files.
- You have all that you need to recreate your imagination!
- Easy to use tools for video and audio editing.
- The blurring feature can be quite tricky to figure out.
#12. Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush
With the easy-to-access and use tools on this software, we have the final best editing software for YouTube on our list. Our choice is not without reason as Premiere Rush showcases features like:
- Click to drag Transitions.
- Preset and manual color correction.
- Wide range of built-in templates.
- Export straight to Social Media.
- Easy to import audios and voiceovers.
Making it to our list of best video editing software for YouTube beginners and experts.
- Simple to use interface and syncs across different devices.
- It is short on video effects and has limited transitions.
There you have our list of the best hand-picked editing software for YouTube. Follow our review in making your decision about what video editing software to use for your YouTube videos, you can never go wrong with us.
Karen is a professional writer with a background in column writing who enjoys resolving complex topics and explaining them in interesting ways.