If you are a content creator, you should need to be on top of your game. YouTube has become increasingly competitive, with creators going the extra mile to polish their content.
The pursuit of viewer attention, engagement, and growing the channel never seems to stop.
Let’s take it to step by step, starting with changing the background of your YouTube channel.
Make your channel stand out by changing your YouTube channel’s background picture. Also known as the channel cover picture among many. It is not possible through the official YouTube app for mobiles. Even the YouTube Studio app for mobiles does no good in this matter.
Step 1.Open YouTube on your browser.
Google Chrome should work just fine. Make sure to be logged in to your Google account beforehand.
Step 2. Tap on the three vertical dots once YouTube has loaded on your mobile browser.
Step 3. A menu will appear, scroll down a notch. Tap on the “Desktop Mode”, and the page will be refreshed automatically.
The desktop version of the website will load up.
Step 4. Head to Studio.Youtube.com and on the screen’s left side, you will find a vertical bar with several menus. Then find and tap on the magic wand, which is second from the bottom which will take you to the Channel Customization page.
Step 5. There will be three headers. Tap on Branding to access that section, which is denoted by arrow A. Tap on change under the Banner Image header, denoted by arrow B, and select the photo of your choice.
Also, if it’s your first time adding a YouTube background banner, you will see there is an UPLOAD on the arrow B. Just the same step you have followed will help you to figure out how to add background image to youtube channel.
Step 6. Once you have selected the image, click on the Publish button, as denoted by the arrow C in the above screenshot.
Take into account that only specific dimensions will be visible in the background picture. The prompt will guide you on ways to maximize visibility on different devices.
Once you have changed your YouTube background banner successfully, you could go to your YuTube app on the phone. Pull to refresh the app and then you will see the new background banner.
For more detailed operation steps you can refer to this video.
Well then, how to make a great YouTube video to hit YouTube and other video sharing platforms? This would be much more important for many YouTubers. Here in the following part, you will get some great tips to make videos better.
In this part, you can learn how to detach the audio and add subtle background music in a video. How to add a filter and polish your movie with great effects are also added with detail.
Grinding a chopper will not hold up the work of cutting firewood. We will introduce FilmForth as the ground chopper because FilmForth can fulfill the needs effortlessly without requiring the big guns. It’s totally free to use and also you can export a no watermark work at last.
Watch the video and figure out how to make a video with FilmForth.
Now let us take a look at how to edit a video step by step. I will divide the process into different segments. Before heading to the editing part, let us create a new project for this video.
1. Download and install FilmForth from the Microsoft store.
2. Click on New Project to start a new video editing assignment.
3. Now, give your project a name, select the path to save the project. Click on create when finished.
4. Add your video by manually clicking on the button or dragging and dropping it into the FilmForth window.
Audio may not have been captured well on your camera. It’s better to detach it and add music, audio of your own.
1. Click on the Detach Audio button, given at the bottom of the screen, along with other options.
Now a red bar consisting of audio will appear below the video feed.
2. Single click on the red bar of audio and delete it. Click on the Delete button or press the delete on your keyboard.
Now it’s time to add audio to the video because a video without audio feels incomplete and less engaging.
3. Click on the Add Audio button, which is denoted by a plus sign.
Side note – You can also do a voiceover for your video directly from the FilmForth editor itself. Choose the Voiceover option and click on the mic to start recording.
4. After that, click on the blue plus button to add a local audio file.
5. Browse and select your locally stored audio files.
Now your added audio will appear as the red bar.
You can trim the time for which the audio will play on the video using the feed shortcuts that appear below the video bar.
Use the Trim button, given in the bottom features bar.
As we are wrapped up with the audio section, let’s move to the visual part of the video. Default color-grading of a video is often monotonous and does not set the needed overtone for a video.
Color-grading using professional software is a hectic task. We will use FilmForth’s effects to do just that, providing a much needed visual flair to the videos.
1. Click on the Effect button, which is located in the bottom feature bar.
2. Over 2 dozen effects will appear on the screen. Click on an effect to apply it to the video.
3. We selected the Perpetua effect for the video by clicking on it. A sharp, greyish effect to go with the video that is being edited.
4. Click on the blue back button to access the home menu.
Things you should know:
Once all the edits have been done, and the video is ready, it’s time to export it.
1. Click on the Save Video button, and a prompt will appear.
2. Select the video quality in which you wish to export the video. We are selecting 720p for the video.
The option ranges from 480p to 4K. Now keep in mind that the 4K takes the most time in video rendering and storage space.
3. Choose the location where you wish to save it and give your video a name. Click on Save to export the video.
Creating great content for YouTube, TikTok, Instagram Reels, and other video sharing platforms shouldn’t be that hard.
Don’t let the complex editing software deter you from creating the content that you love. Record, shoot a video and leave editing for FilmForth.
Karen is a professional writer with a background in column writing who enjoys resolving complex topics and explaining them in interesting ways.